Mental health in the Workplace
As an organisation signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter since 2015, our Wellbeing in the Workplace training is geared towards empowering and engaging employers.
The Workshop Contains:
- The relationship between work and mental ill health
- Active Listening skills
- Stress: causes, signs & symptoms, managing.
- Workplace bullying and the potential impacts on mental wellbeing
- What to do when an employee discloses they have mental health issues
- Managing mental wellbeing in the workplace
- Health and safety legislation
- What are the rights of an employee?
- What are the responsibilities of Managers/ employers?
- Winding down from work - managing mental wellbeing at home
About the Workshop
The workshop is for both employees and employers of public and private sector organisations of any size. It is delivered over a 3 hour session, is designed for 12 to 25 participants and offers an interactive learning environment. Including:
- Group discussions
- Role play
- Question and answer sessions
A tool kit tailored to your specific organisation is provided for all participants.
From this workshop both employees and managers will:
- Have a greater understanding of mental wellbeing in the workplace
- Feel more confident in identifying if a member of the team may be experiencing mental ill health such as anxiety, stress or low mood
- Feel more confident and have the tools to communicate effectively and sensitively with an employee/ colleague experiencing mental ill health
- Have a clear understanding of rights and responsibilities
- Feel confident in knowing where to signpost or refer an individual for further support