General Mental Health Awareness
This specific training programme will give individuals a basic understanding of mental health and wellbeing and how to recognize symptoms and developing strategies.
The Workshop Contains:
- Understanding mental health and wellbeing
- Understanding feelings of low mood, low mental wellbeing and the effects
- What are the causes of mental ill health?
- What can I do to improve my mental wellbeing and build resilience?
- What can I do to support my friends?
- Understanding anxiety, panic attacks, stress and depression
- Where can I get further support and information?
- Active Listening skills
About the Workshop
This workshop is aimed at secondary school and college students. However, the content can be adapted for a more mature age group if required. The workshop is provided as a 2-hour session, is designed for 12 to 25 participants and offers an interactive learning environment. Including:
- Group discussions
- Role play
- Question and answer sessions
A tool kit tailored to your specific School/ college is provided for all participants.
- Have a greater understanding of mental health and wellbeing
- Be able to identify common symptoms of mental health problems
- Feel more positive around managing one’s own mental wellbeing and building resilience
- Feel more confident in speaking about mental health problems
- Insight and strategies into how to manage one’s mental health more effectively.