Food and Mood is an innovative programme of lessons and support for individuals to understand the benefits of a healthy diet and how food impacts on their mental wellbeing. The sessions will look at the ‘whole body experience’ a holistic approach to eating well. The sessions cover:
- Understand how balanced nutrition can contribute to health and wellbeing
- Demonstrate how feelings of hunger and satiety are personally expressed and how they are individually responded to
Highs and lows
- To identify how different foods have an impact on personal energy levels
- Demonstrate how acceptance and compassion help us treat ourselves with respect.
About the Programme
The sessions are for anyone who is interested in gaining a greater insight into how food can impact mental wellbeing, and build strategies and menus to support a healthier lifestyle.The sessions are delivered over a 2 hour period over a 4 week programme. It is recommended that individuals attend all sessions to get the full benefit, however, this is not essential and they can choose to drop in and out as they wish. The sessions are delivered in small groups of 10 to 15 participants to enable and facilitate discussion.
Participants will receive worksheets and supporting documents to enable them to develop strategies and menus that will enable them to continue to manage their wellbeing and diet effectively following the end of the programme.
- An understanding of why an individual may feel the way they do
- Improved mental wellbeing
- Enhanced self in sight
- Reduced feelings of stress and anxiety
- Decrease in emotional reactiveness
- Have a tool kit on managing their mental wellbeing
- Peer support
- Reduced social isolation