Worcestershire Safe Haven
What is Worcestershire Safe Haven?
Our Safe Haven provides telephone support and face to face appointments to Worcestershire residents who are experiencing mental health crisis. Offering a listening ear, support and signposting information we help individuals manage the difficult times. Our service runs 7 days a week 18.00 – 01.00 and is based in Redditch town centre.
Funded by Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, we take referrals from the Crisis Resolution Team and direct from individuals. We aim to help vulnerable individuals there and then, preventing admissions to A&E or causing harm to yourself or others.
Who is eligible to access the Safe Haven?
- Worcestershire residents
- Must be aged 18+
- Please note that we will ask for some basic details the first time you call us
- Unfortunately, we would not be able support individuals who are intoxicated or have any immediate physical health needs.
- If driving, we ask that you pull over and are stationary before you call us. We are unable to support you if you are driving, even if on hands-free. This is for your own safety and that of others.
Who can we help?
- Anyone aged 18+ who feels they are experiencing a mental health crisis but not in need of emergency services
How can we help?
- Give the space and time to talk in a non-judgemental environment
- Work with you to reduce any immediate crisis
- Provide advice and signposting to specialist services, catering for individual needs
- Support you to manage your mental health and discuss coping strategies
- Let you know about tools and techniques that may reduce the intensity of your feelings – we can even demonstrate some to you
- Make onward referrals to other appropriate services
- Send a ‘check-in’ text message to you the following day, reminding you of our number should you need to call us again
How can the service be accessed?
Call 01905 600400 any day of the week between 6pm and midnight (although open until 1am, we take our last calls at 12.20am). Calls outside of these hours are diverted to an answerphone.Face to face appointments may be offered to callers who meet the criteria.Appointments are for the same night only.
What users of the service have told us:
'I’d give it a five star review. It was a god send to have a service after work. It’s great to be able to ring and get seen in the same night when I needed it'
‘I really do appreciate the help. People don't realise how much it helps to have someone to talk to. It’s better than medication for me’.