Telephone Triage Service
What is the Telephone Triage Service?
Our Telephone Triage Service is based within the Crisis Resolution Team (CRT) at Worcestershire Royal Hospital. Funded by Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, we work in partnership with the CRT to answer and triage incoming calls to the team 5pm to 9am, 365 days of the year.
Our team of wellbeing practitioners use the UK Mental Health Triage Scale (UKMHTS), to determine whether the caller has a mental health related problem, the urgency of the situation and the most appropriate service response. This aims to provide timely access to appropriate mental health services and support, releasing clinical staff to deal with the most urgent of callers, reduce attendance at A&E departments and provide individual, tailored signposting to other suitable services.
Who is eligible to access the Telephone Triage Service?
- Worcestershire residents 18+
Who we can help
- Anyone who feels they are experiencing a mental health crisis
- A family member or friend of someone who is experiencing a mental health crisis
How can we help?
- Give the space and time to talk
- Provide advice and signposting to specialist services, catering for individual needs
- Letting you know about tools and techniques that may reduce the intensity of your feelings
- Make onward referrals to other appropriate services
How can the service be accessed?
Call 01905 681915 – it is open 24 hours a day
What users of the service have told us:
‘Your availability to be there all hours has been such a helpful thing. You have been very patient and you have listened to me – thank you’
‘Was very helpful - one of the most helpful crisis calls I've had. It wasn't just a check list of "have you done this? Have you done that?" but felt like she approached it differently, like a person. I felt listened to. She asked what was going on that she could help with. I felt calmer once call was finished’.