What is Reach Out and Help?
Works with individuals in their homes to tackle problems such as:
- Manage household budgets
- Deal with debts
- Cut the cost of gas, electricity and waterbills
- Claim benefits
- Improve job prospects
- Access volunteering and training opportunities
- Navigate health and social and home care services
This help is free of charge.
How are Springfield Mind involved?
Springfield Mind has partnered with CA South Warwickshire to develop a mentoring program to help individuals seeking support from Reach Out and Help to achieve life goals. A Mind Mentor will provide;
- One to one support and encourage-ment in planning and working towards goals for up to 12 weeks
- Access to and information about other Springfield Mind services
- Support in your home or community
- Help with changing your career or getting back into work
- Social support
- Help you build emotional resilience, confidence and self esteem
- Help you to get involved in new things
You will also have the support of the Service Coordinator who will check on your progress throughout the 12 weeks. After the 12 weeks Springfield Mind will continue to support you with their Pathfinders program to find other services that you may find useful.
The Reach Out and Help Mentoring Service is completely person centred, meaning that it is determined by your needs. You can end your involvement at any time. Your mentor can work around your schedule, meeting you at home or in the community any time between 9 and 5 Mon-Fri. Sessions are only 1 hour but can be shorter if you wish and are usually once a week. However, your mentor is not a counsellor or befriender nor a trained mental health professional.
You must be referred to the service through the South Warwickshire Citizens Advice. For further information please contact them at:
25 Meer Street, Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6QB