Would you like to improve your mental wellbeing in an active way with our friendly volunteers?
Green Minds offers sessions of gardening and growing produce at our allotments, encouraging people with personal experiences of mental health difficulties to become involved in outdoor gardening activities, learn new skills and meet others.
What service users can gain from coming along:
- Gentle exercise
- Increased time outdoors
- Learn about the benefits of growing your own
- Learn about different types of plants and vegetation
- Benefit from a calming, quiet environment
- Building new friendships within the community
- Meet others with mental health difficulties
- Learn about garden/allotment design
- Improve your wellbeing
- Talk about mental health
- Improved sense of self-worth
- Build your confidence
Green Minds during COVID-19
Green Minds offers support sessions of gardening and growing produce at our allotments in Stratford and Leamington, encouraging people with personal experiences of mental health difficulties to become involved in outdoor gardening activities, learn new skills and meet others.
Green Minds has now resumed, with some very important differences to ensure participation is balanced with safety, hygiene, social distancing and Government regulations.Men’s Group held every Tuesday, 10am-12pm
Men’s Group held every Tuesday, 10am-12pm
Mixed Group held every Wednesday 10am-12pm.
The Leamington Allotment is at Northumberland Road Allotments, Leamington Spa, CV32 6HB.
Follow the bumpy track all the way down, and the allotment is on the right-hand side. Alternatively, we can arrange for a volunteer to meet you at the post box on the corner of Northumberland Road and Woodcote Road, who will then walk down with you.
Stratford upon Avon
Held every Monday, 11.15am-1.15pm (Winter Times: 11.15am-12.15pm)
The Stratford-upon-Avon Allotment is at Lifeways Therapy Centre, 30 Albany Road, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 6PG.
Enter the garden through the gate on the left side of Lifeways building.
Although we endeavour to make the allotments as COVID-secure as possible, you must understand there is still a risk of contracting the virus if you attend, and in this eventuality, Springfield Mind holds no liability for this.
In order to attend a session:
- You, people in your home or bubble must not be experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms:
- high temperature
- new continuous cough (coughing a lot for more than an hour or 3 or more coughing episodes in less than 24 hours)
- a loss or change to taste or smell)
- You must book a place before attending. Please do not just show up.
- You will be asked on arrival if you or anyone in your home or bubble is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Masks must be worn unless exempt for medical purposes to prevent the transmission of the virus.
- You will be asked to wash your hands using soap and water or hand sanitiser on arrival.
- Please bring your own gardening gloves if required.
- Please bring your own drink.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please do it into the crook of your elbow or a tissue.
- Participants must maintain 2 meter social distancing.
- No hugs or handshakes.
- Springfield Mind are not liable should you develop symptoms whilst at the group or on the premises.
- If you begin to feel ill during the session, the volunteers will support you to leave as soon as possible. If you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms you should self-isolate and book a test immediately.
Booking your place
Hygiene at the allotments
There are facilities for handwashing at the allotments. Please use these facilities.
The tools will be cleaned prior to and after the sessions. If you are exchanging tools with someone else, please ensure they are cleaned using the products at the site.
Please dress suited to the weather. Wear a coat or bring an umbrella in bad weather. Wear a hat or bring an umbrella for shade if very sunny, and don’t forget sun cream and water to keep hydrated.
Test and Trace
We will continue to re-assess these guidelines and the sessions being able to continue, depending on changes in lockdown restrictions.
Stratford upon Avon