CAASS is for adults living with Autism in Coventry and Warwickshire.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a new Community Adult Autism Support Service (CAASS) in partnership with Springfield Mind and Act for Autism.
CAASS support services available include:
Weekly peer support groups
A safe space for people with Autism to:
Meet with others on a regular basis
Socialise with people in similar situations
Plan and agree group activities
6 Week Autism Education Programme
Weekly 2 hour sessions will focus on:
- Understanding Autism – what do we know about Autism?
- Autism and positive wellbeing – working towards a more enjoyable, improved life
- Understanding sensory needs
- Communication skills – including social anxiety
- Friendships and social media
- Anxiety management – coping with distress and managing emotions
- Wider sources of support available
How will CAASS support help?
Support is aimed at providing individuals with the opportunity to:
- Understand what autism is and how it affects them individually
- Increase self-help strategies to better manage their emotional and mental wellbeing
- Feel more confident to engage with others and community activities
- Positively move forward independently to a more fulfilling life
Who is it for?
CAASS is available to adults who have or are waiting for an Autism assessment, or those who believe they are Autistic and would like further support.
Where will activities take place?
All activities will be provided across a range of venues in Coventry and Warwickshire.
How to take part?
You can either self-refer or a professional can refer you.
What to expect?
We will ask you to:
- Provide personal details about yourself and information on support already in place
- Complete forms during and post activities to tell us how support has helped and what else you would have liked that wasn’t available
For more information about CAASS support services, you can contact us via the following ways:
Phone: 01789 298615