Overview of Breathing Space
Breathing Space supports Orbit customers who are experiencing difficulties with their mental health. The focus is on mental wellbeing; enabling people to build connections, learn new skills and enhance their own sense of wellbeing. The project aims to prevent problems occurring or worsening, tackling the causes rather than dealing with the consequences. Our ultimate goal is to support individuals to be in control of their lives and feel empowered to contribute to their community and society.
How can we help?
- Space and time to talk
- Advice and signposting to specialist and community services
- Individualised coaching and information sessions
- Mentors for personal goal setting and weekly support
- Self-help tools to grow and develop skills and qualities
Once referred, someone at Springfield Mind will call the customer within 2 working days for a chat, to see if we can offer support.
They may be booked in for an assessment which will take about 30-45 minutes, and we may offer further 1:1 sessions. If we cannot offer them support through Breathing Space, we will talk about options of other support that can help them.
Who is Breathing Space for?
- Orbit customers 18 years and older, living in Stratford or Warwick Districts
- Limited spaces for other Stratford or Warwick Districts residents 18 years and older
- Those experiencing low mood, anxiety, loss, low self-esteem, sleep problems, stress, or feeling worried, lonely or isolated
- Those NOT currently receiving support from Mind services
We are not able to help:
People who DON’T need support with their mental health and wellbeing, but want support with:
- Debt, finance and/or benefits
- Legal proceedings
How to refer:
• Complete the referral form on the website: https://betterdays.orbit.org.uk/
• Call on 0208 303 8932 and press option 3
• Text 07951497382 with name and contact details
Anyone can refer a customer, with their consent, to the service and customers can self-refer.